In November 2018, Pastor Dan Williams, a well-known and respected community leader, ran for public office for the first time. He won 61% of the votes to flip the district blue, becoming the state representative for the 74th Legislative District in Pennsylvania.
In November 2020, in the midst of a pandemic, Dan secured 64% of the vote to secure re-election and continue to serve the people in House District 74.
His two successful runs can be attributed to his commitment to the community. A Chester County resident for over 30 years, Dan treats his neighbors like his family. His loving wife of nearly 40 years (Baleria Alston Williams), three children, and one grandson can attest that “Dan is a trusted leader we can depend on.”
As a former UPS supervisor and Teamster, Dan knows the importance of unions to ensure a living wage, access to affordable healthcare, and proper protections on the job.
For the past 30 plus years, he’s been the devoted Senior Pastor of New Life in Christ Fellowship Church in Coatesville. During this time, he has envisioned, led, and sponsored several missionary trips both domestically and abroad to Europe, Haiti, and Africa.
- A passionate community leader for 30 years, Dan has led initiatives for fire victims, gun violence survivors, community-police relations, and the homeless.
- He partnered with local law enforcement agencies to foster an understanding between the community and the agencies by providing a forum to share views, opinions, and biases.
- Dan facilitated a “Guns for Amnesty Program” as a way to get illegal weapons off our streets and into the hands of local law enforcement.
- He runs the Willia Mae Williams Memorial Scholarship Fund, named after his late mother, which awards merit scholarships to young people based on academic achievement.
- Through Dan’s leadership, New Life In Christ Fellowship delivered over 500 care packages to our armed service members in Afghanistan, working with the “Adopt-a-Soldier” organization.
- Dan has launched many food and clothing drives which sustained those in need.
- He has also spearheaded the beautification project of Ash Park in Coatesville.
His continued long-term engagement with the community gives him a deep understanding of what children, working adults, and seniors need to thrive throughout the 74th district.
Dan serves on the following committees to ensure our neighbors and heroes receive all the assistance they deserve:
- Aging and Older Adult Services
- Human Services
- Professional Licensure
- Veterans Affairs and Emergency Preparedness, Democratic Secretary