COMMIT TO VOTE BY MAIL AND REQUEST YOUR BALLOT NOW BY CLICKING HERE
What is Act 77?
On October 31, 2019, Governor Wolf signed Act 77 of 2019 into law. Act 77 makes voting more secure and more convenient for all Pennsylvanians eligible to vote. The majority of voters can now cast their vote by mail-in ballot, and will have more time to cast their mail-in or absentee ballot than before. Pennsylvanians who are not yet registered but eligible to do so will have additional time to register to vote for the upcoming election.
What key changes may affect me?
NO-EXCUSE MAIL IN VOTING
Thanks to Governor Wolf’s bipartisan efforts, all Pennsylvanians registered to vote can now cast their ballot by mail.
- You do not need to provide a reason or excuse if you’d like to vote by mail-in ballot.
- You can request to be placed on a permanent mail-in voter list.
- If you elect to be placed on this list, your county will mail you an application for a mail-in ballot every year by the first Monday of February. If you return that application, they will mail you a ballot for all elections that year, including Primary, Special, and the General Election.
- This DOES NOT mean that they will automatically mail you a ballot every year. You MUST return the application to receive that year’s ballots.
- Click here to proceed to the online mail-in ballot application form.
- You now have until October 27, 2020, to submit your application for a mail-in ballot—but remember, the earlier, the better!
EARLY VOTING IN PA
If you request a mail-in ballot, you can vote and return your ballot up to 50 days before the upcoming election. Your ballot may be returned to your county Voter Services anytime between the time you receive it and 8 PM on Election Day.
We strongly suggest returning your ballot as soon as you receive it!
NO MORE STRAIGHT PARTY VOTING
There is no longer a straight-party option on ballots.
If you wish to cast a vote for Dan, you MUST select his name on the ballot to ensure that your vote is counted.
We suggest starting at the bottom of your ballot and moving up.
EXTENDED VOTER REGISTRATION PERIOD
You can now register to vote up to 14 days before an election! We suggest registering as soon as possible — the earlier, the better!
Reach out to Chester County Voter Services on their website or by calling (610) 344-6410.